To begin the verification procedure, Instagram users will be prompted to submit some documents and provide personal information.
Users only need to submit a request for the verification badge on Instagram.
Some form of identification proof will be required.
A blue checkmark appears next to verified profiles on this social media platform.
Do you want your Instagram account to be verified? The procedure of obtaining a verification badge is rather simple, and all you have to do is submit a request for one.This does not imply that Instagram will accept your request on the spot.To begin the verification process, you will need to submit several papers and provide personal information.The platform will next analyse your information and determine whether or not you are eligible for the verification badge.A blue checkmark appears next to the name of an Instagram user for verified accounts on this social networking platform.Everything you need to know about this is right here.
How can I get an Instagram verification badge?
Before proceeding with the processes, users must ensure that they are using or logged in to the account for which a verified badge is being requested.This is for Instagram users who have several accounts.
Step 1: To get started, go to the bottom right of the screen and press on your profile image icon.After that, the app will take you to your profile section.
Step 2: Now, in the top right corner, tap on the hamburger menu.After that, you must touch on Settings.
Step 3: Tap on Account and then Request Verification once more.After that, you’ll be prompted to provide your complete name and submit proof of identification.You can show a government-issued photo ID or official company paperwork, for example.After that, simply press the Submit button.
What should you bear in mind when applying for an Instagram verification badge?
- Instagram says that even if your account is qualified for verification, submitting a request does not guarantee that it will be validated.There could be additional reasons for your request being cancelled.
- A user can also only submit one request at a time.If a person requests for a verified badge many times before receiving a decision, the previous ones will be cancelled as well, according to the corporation.”Submitting repeated verified badge requests does not guarantee that your account will be verified,” Instagram adds.
- After your account has been authenticated, you will not be able to modify your username.Even if you do that, remember that the verification badge will not be transferred to another account.
- Instagram explicitly notes on its help website that if a user obtains the verified badge by providing fraudulent or misleading information, the verified badge will be removed, and the account will be disabled.
- It’s important to know that just because your Instagram account is verified doesn’t mean your Facebook account will be as well.Both are social networking sites that are distinct from one another.Even if both social media accounts are linked, you must still request for verification separately.